We were delighted to welcome Major General Martin Rutledge, Chief Executive of ABF The Soldiers’ Charity to our head office in Aylesford. ABF has supported our LifeWorks course from the very start by funding delegate places for serving and ex-service personnel requiring extra support for the transition to civilian life. With LifeWorks celebrating its first year this was a great opportunity to show Martin how ABF’s funding had made a real difference.
Martin also met with Yuvaraj an ex-Gurkha who served in the 1st Battalion of the Royal Gurkha Rifles, in Afghanistan. During his time serving in HM Forces, Yuvaraj developed vision and hearing problems, which were eventually diagnosed as a brain tumour and has subsequently been discharged and has now transitioned into civilian life. ABF was one of a number of charities who funded essential household items and official documentation required to enable Yuvaraj to live independently with the support of family and friends.
We would like to thank ABF for their continued support and look forward to assisting the increasing number of wounded, injured and sick service and ex-service personnel gain independence via support and employment.
Lifeworks, supported by ABF the soldiers’ charity, is an innovative employment guidance service for the Armed Forces Community, enabling them to build on their existing skills beyond the Armed Forces and achieve sustainable work.
To round off LifeWorks Journey Week 2012 we are releasing a new interactive LifeWorks Update Brochure which will explain how LifeWorks can help, when it will be provided and how the course has developed.
- Chrysalis Motivational Workshop – Our specially designed personal development programme
- Feeling Good Workshops – A series of workshop which help delegates understand how anxiety, stress, low mood can affect you at work and home, as well as how to manage physical health to cope at work
- Coaching for Change – understand the stages of transitional change and how better to manage resulting feelings, thoughts and behaviours
- Healthy Working Workshop – understand how some of the more common health and wellbeing topics can affect work
- Managing Stress – Our workshop provides support and guidance to managers, ensuring that they are better equipped to identify early signs of stress and understand and manage staff with stress related illness
- Disability Awareness – Workshop aimed at assisting participants to better understand what the terms disability means and its difference from ill-health
- Managing DSE Assessments – Bite sized training workshops, provided in house, designed to fully meet your employee DSE training obligations
- Workplace Ergonomics – Workshops designed to identify ergonomic support to individuals and teams in the workplace